The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and deep level maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced dual trade (B1/B2) Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer to join our line maintenance team. Based in Tamworth NSW, this is a 7:7 rostered position with an expectation that the successful candidate will reside within 1 hour of the base, and will be required to travel to other bases from time to time to support operational requirements. Reporting to the Senior Base Engineer, the dual trade LAME will hold qualifications associated with both engine/airframe and avionics systems.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Perform maintenance activities including major aircraft inspections, repairs and overhauls in accordance with approved company, manufacturer and airworthiness authority manuals.
- Conduct hybrid trouble shooting and address recurrent technical problems.
- Ensure that all maintenance and defect rectification is carried out to the relevant design and quality standards.
- Effectively plan work activities in accordance with identified tasks and timeframes.
- Complete documentation in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with company requirements.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders and maintain a positive working environment through a commitment to the Service’s values of compassion, unity, accountability and integrity.
- Demonstrate and promote a positive and proactive attitude toward safety, quality and environmental standards.
To be considered for this role you will have Aircraft Engineer Trade Qualifications (or equivalent) and the relevant CASR Part 66 Licences with AW139 type rating. You will have strong verbal and written communication skills, intermediate computer skills, good attention to detail and a current Australian Drivers Licence. While solid LAME experience in the aviation industry is essential, demonstrated experience within an EMS environment will be highly regarded.
This position is identified Category A/Category A High Risk in accordance with NSW Health’s framework for the assessment, screening and vaccination of workers to minimise the risk of transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases. As such, it is an essential requirement of this position that you comply with the Service’s policies relating to Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases, including the provision of evidence of protection.
To express your interest in this exciting role, click ‘apply’ to submit your cover letter and resume, together with copies of relevant qualifications and licences. Applications close Tuesday 22 June 2021.
For further information please contact Debbie O’Grady, HR Business Partner on 0401 630 353.
Apply on Seek