WRHS Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Information Pack
Did you miss our webinar Information Session on this exciting opportunity? You can watch it HERE.
The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and deep level maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
As a Westpac Rescue Helicopter Apprentice you will join the highly skilled and passionate Engineering team responsible for the maintenance, modification and repair of the Company’s world class AW139 fleet. Whilst the role is primarily based at our Deep Level Maintenance facility in Broadmeadow NSW, you will also get the opportunity to travel to our other line bases on occasion to broaden your experience and skills.
Working toward a Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical), you will gain an in depth knowledge of engineering systems, procedures and processes, major aircraft inspections, repairs, overhauls and hybrid troubleshooting. You will also be required to attend TAFE to complete your qualification, most likely the Tamworth campus.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have completed your high school studies (minimum year 10 or equivalent) at the time of commencement and will demonstrate:
- A positive and proactive attitude toward safety, environmental responsibility and sustainability,
- A genuine interest in a career within the aerospace industry as demonstrated through school, work experience and/or hobbies and interests.
- Motivation to achieve individual and team goals.
- Initiative and an eagerness to learn.
- Sound academic achievements including above average literacy and numeracy skills.
- A commitment to the Service’s values of compassion, unity, accountability and integrity.
You will be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, be eligible to hold an ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card) and be willing to maintain a minimum level of immunisation based on assessed risks and in accordance with NSW Health’s framework for the assessment, screening and vaccination of workers to minimise the risk of transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases. A current Australian Drivers Licence is essential.Completion of a pre-apprenticeship or relevant vocational training or experience working within the aviation industry will be highly regarded.
As an Apprentice with WRHS you will be recognised as a contributor to a critical community based service and will have access to a range of employee benefits, including:
- Competitive salary with pay increases as you progress through your training,
- Individual coaching and development from a dedicated mentor,
- Individual and group safety training with our team of experts,
- Reward and Recognition Program,
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including discounted gym memberships,
- 24/7 support through our Employee Assistance Program.
WRHS is an equal opportunity employer who value a diverse workforce and recognise the innovation and competitive advantage this creates. We look forward to hearing from applicants who come from a diverse range of backgrounds.
To find out more, please download our information pack (WRHS Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Information Pack). Follow the link in the information pack to register for our virtual information session on Wednesday 8 September 2021, 6pm-7pm .
To express your interest in this exciting role, click ‘apply’ via seek.com to submit your application.
Only those applications received via seek.com and including the following will be considered:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria outlined above.
- A current resume including 2 referees (maximum 2 pages).
- Your 2 most recent school reports.
- Supporting documentation including relevant qualifications, licences and academic awards.
As part of the recruitment process, suitable applicants will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing including drug and alcohol screening.
Applications close 26 September 2021 with a commencement date expected in January 2022.
Apply on Seek